What to Know After Buying Your Wedding Dress: A Complete Guide
Your wedding dress is one of the most important and cherished garments you'll ever wear. It's a symbol of love and commitment, and it's essential that it fits you perfectly and complements your overall bridal look. Once you've found the dress of your dreams, there are some important steps to take before walking down the aisle. In this guide, we'll cover what to know after buying your wedding dress, including booking your alterations, choosing your shoes, buying the right shape wear, and getting the right jewelry.
**1. **Booking Your Alterations:**
One of the first things you should do after purchasing your wedding dress is to schedule alterations. Wedding dresses are typically ordered in standard sizes, and most brides require some level of tailoring to achieve the perfect fit. Here are some tips for a successful alteration process:
- Find a reputable tailor with experience in wedding dress alterations - *hint hint* that's us!
- Schedule your first fitting well in advance, about 3 months before the big day.
- Bring the shoes and undergarments you plan to wear on your wedding day to the fitting.
- Be clear about any alterations you want, whether it's adjusting the hem, taking in the waist, or adding bust cups for support.
- Budget in alterations - these can get expensive!
**2. Choosing Your Shoes:**
The right shoes can complement your wedding dress and ensure you're comfortable throughout the day. Here are some things to consider when choosing your bridal shoes:
- Opt for comfort: You'll be on your feet for a significant portion of the day, so choose shoes that provide both style and comfort.
- Match your dress style: Ensure your shoes coordinate with the style and length of your dress. Remember to bring these for your final alteration fittings!
- Practice walking: If you're not used to wearing high heels, practice walking in your bridal shoes before the big day to avoid any mishaps.
Shapewear can make a significant difference in how your wedding dress fits and looks on your body. When shopping for shapewear, keep these tips in mind:
- Choose the right style: Different dresses may require different types of shapewear, such as bodysuits, corsets, or high-waisted briefs.
- Get the correct size: Proper sizing is crucial for shapewear to be effective and comfortable.
- Try it with your dress: Wear your shapewear to your dress fittings to ensure it works seamlessly with your gown.
**4. Getting the Right Jewelry:**
The right jewelry can enhance your bridal look and add a touch of elegance. Here are some tips for selecting the perfect pieces:
- Consider your dress neckline: The neckline of your dress will influence the type of necklace you should wear. For a strapless gown, a statement necklace can be stunning, while a delicate pendant may complement a V-neck.
- Balance with your dress embellishments: If your dress has intricate beadwork or lace, consider simpler jewelry to avoid overwhelming your look.
- Choose metals that match: Ensure that the metal of your jewelry matches your engagement and wedding rings for a cohesive look.
So now you're ready! Booking alterations, choosing the right shoes, buying appropriate shapewear, and selecting the perfect jewelry will ensure you look and feel your best on your special day. Remember that preparation and attention to detail are key to achieving the wedding look of your dreams. Happy planning, and best wishes for a beautiful wedding day!