Wedding Budgeting 101: Slaying the Savings and Savoring the Splurges
Congratulations! You're about to embark on the crazy, beautiful journey of wedding planning. Now, let's talk about everyone's favorite topic: $$$. We get it—weddings can be pricey affairs. We're here to help you navigate the budgeting maze. So let's dive into what to save on and what to splurge on for your big day, from wedding store owners (and a 2021 bride!!
- Invitations: Let's face it, folks—your guests will be more excited about the event than the piece of paper inviting them. Opt for classy but cost-effective invites. There are plenty of affordable options that will still leave a lasting impression.
- Favors: While personalized, monogrammed favors are cute, they often end up collecting dust. Save some cash and opt for something simple and edible. Even opting out of favors all together is a smart/great choice to make.
- Transportation: Sure, a huge limo may seem like a dreamy entrance, but practicality wins this round. Choose budget-friendly transportation options, especially if your venues are close by.
- Wedding Cake: Believe it or not, your cake doesn't have to be a towering masterpiece. Opt for a smaller, elegant cake for cutting and then supplement with a more affordable sheet cake for serving. A lot of guests don't even end up having a bite!
- Dress: Start your wedding dress shopping at an off the rack/sample store (just like us!) You'll be shocked at just how much they truly have, and you'll spend half the price than you would at a traditional boutique.
- Photography: Your wedding photos are forever. Invest in a skilled photographer who can capture the essence of your special day. Trust us; you'll be grateful for those stunning images hanging on your wall for years to come.
- Venue: While it's tempting to cut corners on the venue, remember that this is the backdrop for your entire day. Find a place that feels like you, whether it's a beautiful garden, a historic building, or the sunny beach. A memorable venue sets the tone for a magical celebration.
- Food and Drinks: A happy guest is a well-fed guest. While you can cut costs in other areas, investing in a delicious meal and good drinks is non-negotiable. Your guests will remember the fantastic food, and an open bar never hurt anyone's dance moves.
- Entertainment: Whether it's a live band, a DJ, or a killer playlist, entertainment can make or break the celebration. Splurge on quality entertainment to keep the party alive and the dance floor buzzing.
Remember, your wedding is a reflection of you as a couple. Prioritize what matters most to you, and don't be afraid to mix and match your savings and splurges. Happy planning!